Silicone Dab Mat
Dabbing remains one of the most effective ways of consuming concentrated cannabis. However, the whole process can be messy, and your dabbing surface could become sticky and dirty as a result of spills and drops. This is why dab mats have become an essential tool that should be in the arsenal of any avid dabber.
Dab mats, also called dab pads, are special mats placed under a dab rig to prevent sticky wax residue from ruining your surface or table. Additionally, these mats serve as a coaster for your rig when in use.
There are many types of dab pads available on the market today. They come in different shapes and sizes. It's best to buy a dab mat that is large enough to accommodate all the tools you need when dabbing.
What is a Silicone Dab Mat?
Dab mats are made from different materials, including silicone and rubbers. Some dabbers also create their own pads from household materials. Regardless, silicone dab mats are the best because they are very flexible and durable compared to mats made from other materials.
Silicones are high-performance materials that are widely used in both industrial and consumer products. Silicones are quite diverse, and they include silicone polymers, silicone fluids, reactive silanes, etc.
Although they have properties similar to rubber materials, products made from silicones can stand the test of time without breaking. Additionally, they offer excellent resistance to water and extreme temperature.
You can expect the following features when you purchase a silicone dab pad.
Silicone mats are non-stick, which makes them the perfect choice for dabbing. This means that despite the sticky nature of wax and oils, you can easily clean off any residue that drops on your dab pad after each dabbing session.
Silicone dab mats are waterproof, so you shouldn't worry about residues getting inside the mat. You can also wipe off stains using water or even soak the mat in water, and no harm will be done
You can easily fold or roll up your dab pad and store it properly when not in use. You can do this as many times as you want, and the mat will still maintain its usual shape without tearing or wearing out.
Silicone mat has high heat resistance with low toxicity. This makes it great underneath dab rigs since dabbing requires the use of a torch.
Silicone dab mats are multi-purpose mats. Their top benefits include:
- A silicone dab pad prevents your wax, shatter, oils, and other concentrated cannabis products from sticking to your table or surface. Since concentrates are sticky when hot, you risk ruining your beautiful surface if you don't use a dab mat while dabbing.
- The dab mat also serves as a cushion for your glass rig, giving it the right balance, which prevents the rig from falling off the table.
- Silicone dap mats accommodate the dab rig and also provide room for other dabbing tools with sticky residues.
- Dab mats made from silicone are affordable, non-stick, and can last long.
What Are Dab Mats Used For?
Dab mats are placed on dabbing areas like the floor or table to catch any dripping residue while you're dabbing. This helps to protect the surface and keep it clean at all times.
How to Clean a Silicone Dab Mat?
Silicone dab mats are water-resistant and non-stick, which makes them easy to clean. However, it can be tricky, and your silicone mats could get funky with time if you don't clean it the right way.
Here are some of the best ways to clean your silicone dab mat to keep it fresh.
- Use isopropyl alcohol and paper towel to wipe your mat after every use.
- For a quick wash, use soap and water to wipe off the residue from the mat.
- For dab mats with residue buildups, make a paste from baking soda and warm water. Scrub your silicone pad with the mixture, let it sit for about 10 minutes, and rinse. This will leave your mat clean and fresh.
- You can also soak your silicone mat in hot water for some minutes. Add a few drops of lemon juice for a deep fresh scent.